Thread: Ocelot
View Single Post
Old 3rd February 2015, 19:38
SUPPORT GURU

P2P
Default Ocelot
Four and a half years ago, an incredible piece of software changed the landscape of private trackers. Ocelot, the layer of our site managing the torrent swarm, brushed away years of XBTT cruft, instability, and thirst for CPU and replaced it with a neat, tidy, CPU-friendly package. It opened the door for smaller trackers to grow their user base and swarms without needing to significantly grow hosting expenses.

Now, we are proud to announce that Ocelot has reached the version 1.0 milestone.

While many developers in the past (especially those releasing proprietary software) would start their counting at version 1, we use the open source model - version 1.0 indicates the software is stable, mostly feature complete, and relatively bug-free. And indeed, after many years of small bug fixes and useful features, we feel Ocelot is ready for prime time, to be deployed anywhere.

We would be lost in all of this without the developers and community members who have written features, improved routines, and submitted patches. Our thanks goes to all our contributors as we celebrate this incredible achievement!

You can browse and check out the source code for Ocelot (or make a pull request!) at https://github.com/whatcd/ocelot or download the release here.

Notable changes between 0.8 and 1.0:
Add a 'deleted' flag to user object to stop including removed users in returned peer lists
Add a prefix to the peer list keys for randomization and smaller chance of peer id collisions
Add HTTP Keep-Alive support and show request rate in the tracker stats
Add read-only mode for easier testing
Catch exceptions in the mysql::load_* functions
Configurable max/default numwant parameter
Don't disable binlogs in the peer flush sessions
Don't start a reaper thread if it's already running
Inline peer_is_visible and user functions
Mark nonchanging parameter as const
Mark users with IP = 127.0.0.1 as protected
Read settings from a config file instead of a compiled object
Reload torrent list, user list and client whitelist on SIGUSR1
Use atomic variables for stats
Use consistent integer widths where it matters
Use std::lock_guard instead of std::unique_lock for mutex

Taken from What.cd

Please Support Majority Report

You can contact me on Skype live:phesadent.elect but please let me know first.

If you are ever need me desperately then please email me at dan.oak44@gmail.com and I will contact u within a week.

Due to free time I'm able to help interested member's with their tracker.

Please Note!
Depending on your requests I will charge you for my assistance for Tracker installs and mods.
All my mods are custom and prices will very depending on the request.
I'm able to install any tracker and mods including themes.

Please PM me

The Following User Says Thank You to firefly007 For This Useful Post:
rfadown (7th February 2015)