View Single Post
Old 8th October 2013, 06:42

P2P
Well .... THANKS !!!

I really appreciate the comments and help - especially from seasoned and experienced users.

Quote:
Conversions are EASY wether you have 1 user or 50000000000000000000 users
Thanks joeroberts - you are so right. One user through PM actually told me when I asked his price: "it also depends on the number of users..."...
Like I said: I'm pretty technical and if i had time and did not care about the possibility of breaking things, I would do it myself.

Quote:
LOL why are so many holding so tight to the ancient code geezzz, Go ahead Joe convert them to something new.
Thanks for the suggestion DAKz. If you read my top post more carefully you will understand. If you are referring to the original owner, I don't know.
That's one of the things I try to find out. And as one user suggested it may be that the code has been "patched" and "secured" (i doubt it!) so why change it?
Like I said: I'm trying to familiarize myself with the whole "scene" and understand so that I can take better decisions. The site is not dead. There are users who have torrents and accounts and history. If I screw up they will loose all that!!!

What I still have difficulties understanding are the following:

1. What are the most popular trackers and what is their interconnection?
I still haven't found a tutorial or extended post explaining the differences etc.
Advantages/Disadvantages may be more subjective (stability, active community, security, etc.), but the actual characteristics are subjective.
And what are the 'related" ones that is easier to migrate to?
For example I know that U-232 is based on TBDev code so probably easier to migrate. But what about xBTiT for example???
etc.

2. I accidentally (!!) discovered that i was wrong and actually have TSSE v3.1 and not TBDev. I noticed that somehow (common user table in DB?) the forum is myBB and the front-end login gets carried over. Can i install SMF for example without too much hassle? Can i update the myBB version without problems?

Your thoughts would be appreciated ....