View Single Post
Old 18th September 2011, 11:59

P2P
Cool What is your ideal hosting plan?
As members of the p2p world we all have the same basic needs when it comes to hosting, but I want to ask, what is your best idea for a hosting plan. Free isn't an option!
How much drive space, bandwidth, databases, ftp accounts, etc. And be realistic. I am thinking about getting into it, simply because p2p has such a bad reputation with hosting companies with the little ddos attacks, and such. SO here is my questions

1) What is your idea site plan, We all want a 1tb server with a 1gb pipe, and.... 20 seedoxes setup ready to flood the site as soon as we close the installer, but no one wants to pay for all that, so here it is design what is your best package.

2) This is a code site, so I am thinking a smaller package for coders to hang their work to test, and work on. Nothing drastic just enough to make
it functional. SO how much drive space, bandwidth, etc. Also ftp acccounts. For some reason hosting companies seem to think you need 15 ftp accounts. Are you really going to have 15 people ftping to you Also the site.....really? Also seedbox and be realist ,its you moneu ,

Also include a price that seems reasonable to you for what you want. I am looking at what the market is right now, the bad part is when you get to the part where they want $1.50 a month they make sure it does nto handle p2 by design. Also thinking about maybe an ala carte system, pick the drive, the bandwidth the ftps, the domains, the number of db's and pay for only what you need, Sorry but I am sitting here with 15 ftp accounts and can not think of 15 people I want messing up my stuff, so if your not going to use it why pay for it.
please help me help you and be honest and truthful about what your needs are, and if they are met then why and if they are not then we might have something coming to help you out, I like the ala carte system I just have for figure a price for it all and make it what trackers need and what coders want,

Thanks every body you answers will help me design a real plan based on your answers here so I can put together the right plan for everyone, i have located the servers they are in a safe country :nosepick:so help me out please.
Yiu need room for irc, site, depemding on the code, irc, and a separate area for the coders the get nasty if you try to make then interact with peeps,

Thanks,
DAKz