Bravo List

Bravo List (http://www.bvlist.com/index.php)
-   Template Shares (http://www.bvlist.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   [TSSE5.1] Moving Host (http://www.bvlist.com/showthread.php?t=2477)

rulebreaker 20th April 2009 20:22

[TSSE5.1] Moving Host

Hello, im moving my TSSE5.1 tracker from one host to another, what files do i have to edit for it to work on my new host? for example SQL and stuff.

I cant seem to get it to work. I keep getting a SQL Error when i enter my site.

Strikey 22nd April 2009 02:34

Basicly just get all your files and in the database click export and highlight all the tables and save the file and on the new host upload the files and goto the database and import your tables, do not forget to edit the database settings via this file include/config.php you need to change the URL,Username,Password,Databasename.

Ashur 22nd April 2009 05:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by rulebreaker (Post 10966)
Hello, im moving my TSSE5.1 tracker from one host to another, what files do i have to edit for it to work on my new host? for example SQL and stuff.

I cant seem to get it to work. I keep getting a SQL Error when i enter my site.

/config/DATABASE is a tricky one
because it has number infront of each one corresponds to how long the entry is
so to make life easier choose same database name, username and password or.... same length
e.g. old database is ts_51z, make new one also 6 characters long too so you don't have to mess with these numbers and that goes same for username and password

rulebreaker 23rd April 2009 14:32

OK weird, i edit everything correctly, i can login to my tracker and only view the index page when i try to go to any other pages like, browse, forums, admin panel etc i get this error

Code:

An error has occured!
Script Error! (SE-I). TS SE is not installed correctly. Please contact us to fix this issue. http://templateshares.net/special/su...t=submitticket

oMaRcO 23rd April 2009 14:45

edit a part in your \include\config.php

mysql user, mysql pass and mysql db

Code:

readconfig ('DATABASE,MAIN,SECURITY,TWEAK,EXTRA,THEME,DATETIME,SEO');
  $mysql_host = (!empty ($DATABASE['mysql_host']) ? $DATABASE['mysql_host'] : 'localhost');
  $mysql_user = (!empty ($DATABASE['mysql_user']) ? $DATABASE['mysql_user'] : 'root');
  $mysql_pass = (!empty ($DATABASE['mysql_pass']) ? $DATABASE['mysql_pass'] : 'pass');
  $mysql_db = (!empty ($DATABASE['mysql_db']) ? $DATABASE['mysql_db'] : 'ts');

than you must edit your \config\DATABASE and MAIN file

that is everthing

sorry for my bad english ;)

Ashur 24th April 2009 16:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by oMaRcO (Post 11012)
edit a part in your \include\config.php

mysql user, mysql pass and mysql db

Code:

readconfig ('DATABASE,MAIN,SECURITY,TWEAK,EXTRA,THEME,DATETIME,SEO');
  $mysql_host = (!empty ($DATABASE['mysql_host']) ? $DATABASE['mysql_host'] : 'localhost');
  $mysql_user = (!empty ($DATABASE['mysql_user']) ? $DATABASE['mysql_user'] : 'root');
  $mysql_pass = (!empty ($DATABASE['mysql_pass']) ? $DATABASE['mysql_pass'] : 'pass');
  $mysql_db = (!empty ($DATABASE['mysql_db']) ? $DATABASE['mysql_db'] : 'ts');

than you must edit your \config\DATABASE and MAIN file

that is everthing

sorry for my bad english ;)

no don't do that it will mess up TSSE this is not how TSSE setup
everything is under /config/ if you changed any files make sure to use default old files

if still no go put up a fresh code, install on an empty database then drop all tables and use the older sql and finally import /config/STAFFTEAM and it should be working fine

rulebreaker 5th May 2009 17:30

hey, anyone here mind giving me some good webhosting that allows host of torrent tracker and compatible with TSSE since my tracker is still small webhost should be enough, i used to use dedicated i lost tons of money lol.

Strikey 6th May 2009 01:59

PMED