Bravo List

Bravo List (http://www.bvlist.com/index.php)
-   Community Cafe (http://www.bvlist.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   WAMP setup (http://www.bvlist.com/showthread.php?t=1326)

dragontear 4th November 2008 03:32

WAMP setup

Hello, I am a newbie, can someone help me setup WAMP? I just download it a few days ago.

thank you for your time and effort

:sos:

djlee 4th November 2008 18:43

can you give us a link to exactly what WAMP your installing. is it the prepackaged one or do you mean your trying to install a WAMP stack (all engines seperately)

personally id just install XAMPP for working on your own computer. its extremely easy to install out of the box and apart from a few config settings (which it tells you in the install guide/readme) your up and going in minutes

dragontear 5th November 2008 03:12

I have installed WAMP SERVER version 2.0 if anyone can help with this , much apreciated, on windows vista 32 bit with 1GB ram and 250GB hd free space:wallbash::sos::sos::sos:

Fynnon 5th November 2008 12:29

just install it and put your sites files in the www folder

you gotta learn to use it by yourself...if you can`t then try another sport

:tease:

dezza 11th November 2008 18:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fynnon (Post 6273)
just install it and put your sites files in the www folder

you gotta learn to use it by yourself ...if you can`t then try another sport

:tease:

Agree!

WAMP is for short-dicks.. My momma would have installed it ..

Kotafi 13th November 2008 18:45

Im using that too with vista :tease:
but i also agree with Fynnon and dezza, that is brolly the easyest program around !

check these quides JLBN - Free WAMP Guides & Website Design Templates for more info...

dezza 15th November 2008 19:19

You will get alot of drawbacks my installing WAMP and not doing it the right way, actually you will get even more features if you run it on a Linux/UNIX platform ..

My friend has WAMP installed, it doesn't even have support for shorttags by default, it really sucks if you want to make your code clean and slim .. You will have to customize every script you install on that piece of shit ..

Go Apache for Win with a combination of MySQL and phpMyAdmin, then you are good to go ..

And then you're maybe thinking, 3 programs??? Yes.. This is webdevelopment, it has to scale properly..

Kotafi 16th November 2008 10:09

Quote:

it doesn't even have support for shorttags by default
well, it does everything needed for me and its very easy to change those various settings just by leftclicking from the systemtray.
Hell, you can even swich between apache versions there.. I found it nice and easy to use so why not use it! :P

Maybe im a moron with a short dick but thats fine with me. :chch:

pdq 16th November 2008 23:39

wamp is a very nice, simple to use php/mysql/apache/phpmyadmin bundle and manager.

having short_open_tag = Off by default is hardly a drawback :P

=]

Kotafi 4th December 2008 08:31

theres new version outhere WampServer 2.0d

PHP Apache MySQL avec WampServer 2 : installation PHP MySQL Apache