Bravo List

Bravo List (http://www.bvlist.com/index.php)
-   BT.Manager (phpMyBitTorrent) (http://www.bvlist.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   advice or some guide on phpbb3 (http://www.bvlist.com/showthread.php?t=3716)

daffy 1st November 2009 18:06

advice or some guide on phpbb3

is there a noob guide on how to setup some forums on phpmbb3, little confusing is all. not use to a sep forum board but looks well nice integretated

joeroberts 1st November 2009 18:41

consult phpBB :lol:

daffy 1st November 2009 18:47

ok

Ashur 6th November 2009 02:05

phpbb3.0.6rc4 is sweet just updated to that and it has many Captcha image options so I choose reCaptcha because I already have an account with them and never had a bot going through their system :)

Phogo 6th November 2009 02:39

I use it with Joomla!

Ashur 6th November 2009 05:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by phogo (Post 17334)
I use it with Joomla!

me too :)

I used to use that rocketwerx bridge but i dumped that and now using JFusion also dumped joomla login and using jfusion login instead which is working pretty well for me

and for daffy come on man setting up phpbb3 is pretty simple just run the install and voila you get there unless you're having issues bridging it with phpmybittorrent then that's something else

joeroberts 6th November 2009 07:24

I dont think it is the bridge he is talking about as that is already done.
One sign up.
One login.
One logout.
I think what his problem is is setting up the Forums not phpBB3 as they have
so many settings in how a forum is viewed who can view it and what not.:wallbash:
I found it fairly hard to figure out My first time as well.:mad:

Ashur 6th November 2009 15:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeroberts (Post 17337)
I dont think it is the bridge he is talking about as that is already done.
One sign up.
One login.
One logout.
I think what his problem is is setting up the Forums not phpBB3 as they have
so many settings in how a forum is viewed who can view it and what not.:wallbash:
I found it fairly hard to figure out My first time as well.:mad:

ah cool, he wasn't being clear about what part of problem he is having

setting up basic forums and forum section is easy but setting up specific permissions, linking ranks with groups ...etc that's the tougher part

daffy 6th November 2009 23:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashur (Post 17335)
me too :)

I used to use that rocketwerx bridge but i dumped that and now using JFusion also dumped joomla login and using jfusion login instead which is working pretty well for me

and for daffy come on man setting up phpbb3 is pretty simple just run the install and voila you get there unless you're having issues bridging it with phpmybittorrent then that's something else

Quote:

Originally Posted by daffy
forum board looks well nice integretated

i didnt ask about integretating it, i just didnt know how to set forum,s categorys etc... iv never used a forum bored... anyway, i know how to do it now...

Ashur 9th November 2009 02:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by daffy (Post 17346)
i didnt ask about integretating it, i just didnt know how to set forum,s categorys etc... iv never used a forum bored... anyway, i know how to do it now...

cool :)

have you tried to update to 3.0.6rc4 without any problems?