Bravo List

Bravo List (http://www.bvlist.com/index.php)
-   TBDev (http://www.bvlist.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   TBDev.net Down (http://www.bvlist.com/showthread.php?t=8051)

AutoSnipe 22nd October 2013 00:56

I know this, but it's all each to their own on what they choose to use, wether it be a source that hasn't been updated since 2006 or one that is brand new.
Personally I Reccomended btmanager, but I also think that a lot of other source codes shouldn't die in the ass and be forgotten about.
Like the first source I ever used (you will never see it on an active site) yabtuc.
Sources like that shouldn't just go away.

If people want to keep it alive they can.
And I also am building a repository of all the tracker sources. A lot of which have just disappeared, and most of them contain some really useful codes (I can vouch, as I blended a heap of sources together to build my custom script)

Krypto 22nd October 2013 12:06

Instead of members creating another site why not do as GameMaster says and just utilize what we already have in place here and add the Mods/Themes here?

I fail to see the point in creating another forum that is basically just a copy of what we have here ie, contains various source codes etc...

Quote:

Originally Posted by AutoSnipe (Post 43085)
Who says I don't :p
But on the fact that everyone in this post is like we miss tbdev yet they have bvlist right here, they obviously miss the extra info they get.
Otherwise they wouldn't care.

That's because no one has even attempted to re-post the lost items that were available on TBDev to make them available to everyone here.

Let's make use of what we already have in place here instead of members creating multiple forums.

DND 22nd October 2013 12:43

if CF still has the db we could buy it then import all the sections. i'm willing to buy it :)

Clauu 22nd October 2013 13:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krypto (Post 43088)
Instead of members creating another site why not do as GameMaster says and just utilize what we already have in place here and add the Mods/Themes here?

Because tbdev sourcecode is old and hardcoded, no easier customization allowed no nothing. Soon i will try to start a new project based on tbdev with a smart system for addind plugins/mods/styles and in this way you can add customizations with 1 click without any concerns of loosing custom code when the main core will suffer future updates.

DND 22nd October 2013 13:23

so what is so damn hard to code on the code itself?
i think you wanna make an option in admin panel to code the site with a push of a button.. now where's the fun in that?

Clauu 22nd October 2013 14:17

Dude you didn;t get the point, you will download the source code, spend days to customize modify files etc and then the project will release a bounch of updates, what you will do since the update will break your code.. be up to date and spend again days of modding or do not update?
You will have a lot of fun in developing and maintaining mods so don't panic :)

DND 22nd October 2013 15:53

and that way u will never learn to code if the update is done by pushing a button :)
how do ya expect people to ever learn ?

Clauu 22nd October 2013 16:36

I miss the point where software users must be experienced in programing, opening a tracker community does not require any coding skills, my mother wants to create a forum about i don;t know flowers for example - what i will say to her dear mama you can;t do this since your;re not a programer? A tracker purpose is not to learn people how to code.

DND 22nd October 2013 17:16

hire a progammer? hmm yep, that would do the trick ;)

Clauu 22nd October 2013 20:25

Man you still don't get it, i'm trying to do something than can be used by everyone with or without any coding skills, and same thing for mods.. Are you a programmer? Ok then write some mods. You don't have any programing skills? Ok then use mods provided by others. Simply as that.