Bravo List

Bravo List (http://www.bvlist.com/index.php)
-   Torrent Strike (http://www.bvlist.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Ressurect TorrentStrike (http://www.bvlist.com/showthread.php?t=2020)

Krypto 15th February 2009 15:42

Ressurect TorrentStrike

I Would like to know your thoughts on whether you would like to see TorrentStrike to continue?

I have hosting and would be prepared to run a Support Forum for it so that it may continue.

I don't have any of the sites backups, member accounts etc... this would be a new venture and would be started from fresh with a new forum.

Probably using SMF for the Forums unless other have suggestions? Note it would have to be a FREE forum script, no funds for a paid commercial one, and I don't really want to run a nulled one.

hack346 16th February 2009 10:35

U wont to use SMF like default forum for source or for support site? , suggestion, for source ....use old phpbb2 or phpbb3, for your site, use IPB (80%) or Vbulletin (20%)

Undefined 16th February 2009 11:05

I sure wish it would continue or atleast would have its own support forum !:ok:

..and i think SMF is very nice forum, so +1 for that one.

ShawEgypt 16th February 2009 11:59

nice idea. sure i like it to continue and i prefer PhpBB xx

Robz 16th February 2009 17:58

YEAH, good idea...

I also have a server you could get some space one for the website.
And go with phpBB 3 for christ sake :)

wMan 16th February 2009 18:14

sounds a great idea krypto go for it :ok:

InFeRnO 16th February 2009 21:08

Makes no odds to me guys what forum script you use just would be cool to get a ts forums back up and running got my backing and support

codedash 18th February 2009 12:01

Good to go with smf or phpbb. Both free and powerfull. I believe Tony will come back and contribute when there is help and interest.

Subzero 19th February 2009 14:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krypto (Post 9073)
I Would like to know your thoughts on whether you would like to see TorrentStrike to continue?

I have hosting and would be prepared to run a Support Forum for it so that it may continue.

I don't have any of the sites backups, member accounts etc... this would be a new venture and would be started from fresh with a new forum.

Probably using SMF for the Forums unless other have suggestions? Note it would have to be a FREE forum script, no funds for a paid commercial one, and I don't really want to run a nulled one.

As long as you don't call it the official torrent strike support forum or if you do you ask tonys permission i think would be a good idea :)

Ashur 22nd February 2009 03:17

1 Attachment(s)
i think i would stay stick with phpbb3 but no core changes to phpbb3 because it's not really needed or have the option to mod or not to mod phpbb3

You can add an authentication plugin so users managed through there

also the new update system through phpbb3 it automatically check for conflicts and merge of changes on new version can be done automatically which is really beautiful :)

check my attachment