Bravo List

Bravo List (http://www.bvlist.com/index.php)
-   Template Shares (http://www.bvlist.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   TSSE 5.1 issues (http://www.bvlist.com/showthread.php?t=2239)

Ingvar 19th March 2009 17:19

TSSE 5.1 issues

Hello, i just put up TS SE 5.1 and hit couple of walls

I cant upload any images with a torrent, not .jpg .jpeg .png or anything

How do i fix the charset bug ? I changed the charset to support my native language but still it doesnt, if i write in my language in the forums or torrent comments it apears in confused letters.

Please help me, these 2 things are keeping me away from opening the site :(

P.S Is there a mod so that users can upload screenshots with the torrent ? (like 3 screenshots at a time)

Ashur 19th March 2009 17:26

We've answered both questions before (try to use the search PLEASE)

1, for images well guess what you gota do the directory chmod .... you guess it
2. for language, Tracker Settings --> Themes and languages --> set proper encoding UTF-8 should work for most languages unless you want more specific like windows-1257 or iso-8859-5 ...etc

Ingvar 19th March 2009 17:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashur (Post 10083)
We've answered both questions before (try to use the search PLEASE)

1, for images well guess what you gota do the directory chmod .... you guess it
2. for language, Tracker Settings --> Themes and languages --> set proper encoding UTF-8 should work for most languages unless you want more specific like windows-1257 or iso-8859-5 ...etc

Done and done, still no go :(

Ashur 19th March 2009 17:42

for images not all encoding accepted if you create a screenshot from MPC it should work!!!

for languages what is your language? also UTF-8 should work however your language files has to be encoded in unicode too !!!!

here is the question what hte heck is your language and what encoding did you use to edit the language files? attach a sample language file and I'll try to figure it out
don't forget that overall header and footer has to be encoded in UTF so everything works properly

here is something else you can do for me, stay in regular english make sure to have language theme in tracker setting setup to UTF-8 in both encoding boxes then try to type in your language on Shoutbox

Ingvar 19th March 2009 17:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashur (Post 10085)
for images not all encoding accepted if you create a screenshot from MPC it should work!!!

for languages what is your language? also UTF-8 should work however your language files has to be encoded in unicode too !!!!

here is the question what hte heck is your language and what encoding did you use to edit the language files? attach a sample language file and I'll try to figure it out
don't forget that overall header and footer has to be encoded in UTF so everything works properly

here is something else you can do for me, stay in regular english make sure to have language theme in tracker setting setup to UTF-8 in both encoding boxes then try to type in your language on Shoutbox

Ok language seems to work when its all in english language files, with both boxes as UTF-8

My language is Icelandic^^ you need a special coder just to read that :P

"for images not all encoding accepted if you create a screenshot from MPC it should work!!!"

Any chance i can change that ? so it accepts all .jpg .jpeg .png files ? (the ones i tried to upload where taken with VLC player and didnt work.)

Thanks for the help so far :)

Ashur 19th March 2009 18:06

i never tried from VLC (i.e in creating screenshots) but MPC totally work all try MPC-HC (the only thing annoying about MPC sometiems you can't create screenshots so you have to change video outputing from overlay mix to uncompressed)

Here is other possibilities form server side
missing curl support
missing GD and/or ImageMagick (forgot what TSSE uses)

for you language to work properly use Notepad++ to edit in Unicode mode or whatever you use, i use Dreamweaver somehow it works pretty good for me just to save the files :) and you will notice proper encoding unless you get both overall header and footer lanugage files fixed and whatever sandwiched between but eventually it should show properly

Ingvar 20th March 2009 00:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashur (Post 10087)
i never tried from VLC (i.e in creating screenshots) but MPC totally work all try MPC-HC (the only thing annoying about MPC sometiems you can't create screenshots so you have to change video outputing from overlay mix to uncompressed)

Here is other possibilities form server side
missing curl support
missing GD and/or ImageMagick (forgot what TSSE uses)

for you language to work properly use Notepad++ to edit in Unicode mode or whatever you use, i use Dreamweaver somehow it works pretty good for me just to save the files :) and you will notice proper encoding unless you get both overall header and footer lanugage files fixed and whatever sandwiched between but eventually it should show properly

When i upload in the forums that works perfect, but if i try it with the torrent upload, its a no go :/

Wierd stuff, is there any way to edid the settings or adjust it somehow ?

Ashur 20th March 2009 04:33

you have to edit these upload.php takeuplaod.php and other ones involved to be in encode

there is alot of changes you have to do and I'm not sure what bitclient you're using to create such torrents but Azureus and uTorrent IN ENGLISH should work fine
i would try to avoid any Icelandic characters in .torrent files

also UTF-8 might not be the best for you, try to find a localized encoding which i don't know what it is you use

Ingvar 20th March 2009 14:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashur (Post 10109)
you have to edit these upload.php takeuplaod.php and other ones involved to be in encode

there is alot of changes you have to do and I'm not sure what bitclient you're using to create such torrents but Azureus and uTorrent IN ENGLISH should work fine
i would try to avoid any Icelandic characters in .torrent files

also UTF-8 might not be the best for you, try to find a localized encoding which i don't know what it is you use

Yeah, well everything works perfect now except the image uploading :S

Ashur 20th March 2009 17:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ingvar (Post 10112)
Yeah, well everything works perfect now except the image uploading :S

oh that's good well instead of uploading tell users to use photobucket or imageshack to link instead :)
let me know if that works

Good Luck